Energy Benchmarking SpecialistView all openings
WegoWise is looking for an Energy Benchmarking Specialist for a 6-month project to support the annual benchmarking reporting services at our dynamic tech start-up in downtown Boston. This role reports to the Director of Data Analytics and is a key part of the Customer Success team. The right candidate will have applied experience in data management, energy management and/or energy benchmarking and will be motivated by working for a mission-driven organization with talented staff and disciplined, visionary executives.
WegoWise helps property owners and managers comply with energy benchmarking requirements across the country, which mandate the annual reporting of energy and water use. These reporting requirements are typically key components of city- or state-wide energy reduction targets. The Energy Benchmarking Specialist will assist with preparing, creating and submitting the energy benchmarking reports. This project runs from January – June 2018 and is available as either part or full-time employment.
WegoWise is a mission-driven for-profit company, striving to reduce energy and water use in buildings. Buildings represent 40% of all US-based energy use. WegoWise provides utility benchmarking and building retrofit measurement & verification services, building performance monitoring, sustainability compliance reporting, and analytics that provide useful, actionable information to make more informed operational and long term real estate investment decisions.
- End to end management of the benchmarking reporting process that include:
- Coordinating with participating utility companies, managing internal documentation.
- Communicating with clients on submission status and data requests.
- Executing and organizing utility data requests.
- Performing data quality assessments.
- Submitting benchmarking reports and tracking report submissions to comply with annual deadlines.
- Managing relationships with partner organizations and energy service providers.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree
- Basic understanding of building energy use and energy markets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Experience in customer success and/or professional services.
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management processes and effective client communication strategies.
- Experience meeting deadlines and/or working on deadline-driven projects.
- Commitment to WegoWise’s vision, mission, and values.
- Available to start early January 2018 and commit through June 2018.
- Be a nice person ;)
- Location: Boston (HQ)
- Knowledge of EPA’s Portfolio Manager energy benchmarking platform.
- Understanding of city energy benchmarking ordinances and reporting requirements.
- Experience in energy benchmarking, energy analysis, and our building science.
Competitive salary and great benefits
We treat our employees well.
Health and dental insurance, generous vacation, commuter benefits, and more.