Benchmarking SpecialistView all openings
WegoWise by AppFolio is a mission-driven for-profit organization, striving to reduce energy and water use in buildings. Buildings represent 40% of all US-based energy use. WegoWise provides utility benchmarking and building retrofit measurement & verification services, building performance monitoring, sustainability compliance reporting, and analytics that provide useful, actionable information to make more informed operational and long term real estate investment decisions. Our mission is to catalyze environmental, social and economic sustainability in the built environment.
WegoWise is a part of AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF), which was launched over ten years ago to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. AppFolio software solutions currently serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
Much of the WegoWise team is based out of Boston, and AppFolio has additional offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego. Our business is built for long-term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
WegoWise by AppFolio is a progressive organization with strong values that align with our business goals. We care deeply about the growth and happiness of every member of our team. We believe that people work best when they are given a flexible but supportive work environment and thus strongly encourage creativity and new ideas from all employees. Joining WegoWise means becoming part of a culture that values each individual’s opinions.
What we're looking for
WegoWise by AppFolio is looking for a Benchmarking Specialist to manage the execution of the WegoWise compliance reporting service. This role ensures accurate and on time submission of annual city, state, housing finance agency and other organizations’ energy reporting so clients remain in compliance. The energy-reporting requirement is expanding in areas across the country and compliance, as a main value add to the WegoWise platform, is a crucial role to customer satisfaction.
This role reports to the Senior Manager of CS, is a member of the CS team, and collaborates closely with all departments, including Sales, Product and Marketing. The right candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, and motivated to work for a mission-driven organization. The Benchmarking Specialist also serves as the internal subject matter expert on city and state compliance ordinance requirements and deadlines.
Be responsible for end-to-end management of the compliance benchmarking process that includes:
- Populating of ENERGY STAR’s Portfolio Manager with annual utility data and perform quality assessment to ensure accuracy.
- Coordination with participating utility companies to execute and organize utility data requests
- Communication with clients on submission requirements, status and data requests
- Performing data quality assessments to ensure accurate reporting
- Submit benchmarking reports and track report submissions to comply with annual deadlines
- Managing relationships with partner organizations and energy service providers
- Supporting Customer Success Managers with compliance related requests and questions
- Identify ways to improve processes and reports; communicate resource needs effectively to improve team productivity
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of professional experience working in a reporting or data management role
- Experience with Portfolio Manager, energy reporting or a company focused on data/analytics
- Interest in energy efficiency, real estate, mortgage lending, utility or building management, sustainability, power sectors, a plus
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and intermediate Microsoft Suite skills, technical aptitude and ability to learn web applications and software platforms
- Well-organized and able to manage and prioritize numerous accounts and assignments simultaneously
- Strong time management to complete large amount of reports by strict deadlines
- Adapt well to frequently changing systems and workloads, creative and flexible, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially able to be persistent in obtaining data and information from clients and/or utilities
- A constant and self-imposed drive to exceed goals
- Commitment to WegoWise’s vision, mission, and values
- Be a nice person :)
- Location: Boston (HQ)
Competitive salary and great benefits
We treat our employees well.
Health and dental insurance, generous vacation, commuter benefits, professional development, and more.