Compliance InternView all openings
WegoWise by AppFolio is a mission-driven for-profit organization, striving to reduce energy and water use in buildings. Buildings represent 40% of all US-based energy use. WegoWise provides utility benchmarking and building retrofit measurement & verification services, building performance monitoring, sustainability compliance reporting, and analytics that provide useful, actionable information to make more informed operational and long term real estate investment decisions. Our mission is to catalyze environmental, social and economic sustainability in the built environment.
WegoWise is a part of AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF), which was launched over ten years ago to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. AppFolio software solutions currently serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
Much of the WegoWise team is based out of Boston, and AppFolio has additional offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego. Our business is built for long-term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
WegoWise by AppFolio is a progressive organization with strong values that align with our business goals. We care deeply about the growth and happiness of every member of our team. We believe that people work best when they are given a flexible but supportive work environment and thus strongly encourage creativity and new ideas from all employees. Joining WegoWise means becoming part of a culture that values each individual’s opinions.
What we're looking for
WegoWise by AppFolio is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented intern to work on projects that support the overall quality of the organization’s data.
We are seeking a candidate that is extremely diligent, reliable, and committed to contributing to the growth of an exciting company in the clean technology space. Our ideal candidate is a creative and flexible self-starter with impeccable attention to detail and ability to manage projects effectively with direction but without extensive oversight. They will be expected to gather data independently from a variety of sources and enjoy interacting with others to accomplish ongoing tasks.
- Assisting compliance team with building data collection for all required utilities for responsible compliance clients.
- Populating Portfolio Manager with annual utility data and perform quality assessment to ensure accuracy.
- Completing the submission of city compliance reports and prepare document/communicate the submission to the client.
- Support the compliance team with other tasks like manual data entry, client communication and/or utility data requests
- Currently pursuing an Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Works well independently and can collaborate with others
- Be a nice person :)
- Location: Boston, MA
Competitive salary and great benefits
We treat our employees well.
Health and dental insurance, generous vacation, commuter benefits, professional development, and more.