Data Quality SpecialistView all openings
WegoWise by AppFolio is a mission-driven for-profit organization, striving to reduce energy and water use in buildings. Buildings represent 40% of all US-based energy use. WegoWise provides utility benchmarking and building retrofit measurement & verification services, building performance monitoring, sustainability compliance reporting, and analytics that provide useful, actionable information to make more informed operational and long term real estate investment decisions. Our mission is to catalyze environmental, social and economic sustainability in the built environment.
WegoWise is a part of AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF), which was launched over ten years ago to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. AppFolio software solutions currently serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
Much of the WegoWise team is based out of Boston, and AppFolio has additional offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego. Our business is built for long-term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
WegoWise by AppFolio is a progressive organization with strong values that align with our business goals. We care deeply about the growth and happiness of every member of our team. We believe that people work best when they are given a flexible but supportive work environment and thus strongly encourage creativity and new ideas from all employees. Joining WegoWise means becoming part of a culture that values each individual’s opinions.
What we're looking for
WegoWise is looking for a Data Quality Specialist to support, monitor and improve our automatic and manual utility data collection infrastructure. This role assures the accuracy, consistency and timeliness of the utility data in WegoWise’s platform and provides the foundation for high-quality data analytics, reporting, benchmarking and ultimately customer satisfaction. This role is responsible for identifying, prioritizing and trouble-shooting data quality issues both at the customer level and at a platform-wide level.
This cross-functional role reports to the Senior Manager of Customer Success and serves as the liaison between the Customer Success and Engineering teams. The Data Quality Specialist is expected to ensure that Wegowise’s automatic and manual data collection processes meet the needs of our clients and our own data quality standards. The Data Quality Specialist also serves as the internal subject matter expert on utility data definitions, collection and standards.
The right candidate will be comfortable working with data, performing accuracy checks and interacting with software developers. We are looking for someone who has strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, as well as the determination to trace a data problem back to its source and find a solution. The right candidate will be able to work independently, is forward thinking and motivated to work for a mission-driven organization.
- Monitor the performance of our utility data importing processes
- Troubleshoot causes for failures or mistakes in the data importing, and work closely with the Engineering team to develop and test software fixes to resolve them
- Create data mapping for new utility companies or update data mapping for a supported utility when needed
- Perform quality assurance checks on customer accounts
- Support the Customer Success and Sales teams in understanding data availability and quality for a specific utility
- Drive continuous improvements for data quality processes and efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (business, economics, statistics, etc.) or equivalent professional experience working on data/analytics
- 2+ years of professional experience working on data/analytics
- Intermediate Microsoft Suite skills; technical aptitude and ability to learn web applications and software platforms.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with great attention to details
- Well-organized and able to work independently and manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Adapt well to frequently changing systems and workloads, creative and flexible, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable interacting with both technical and non-technical team members
- Familiarity with utility data and vocabulary and/or automatic data scraping is a plus
- Commitment to WegoWise’s vision, mission, and values
- Be a nice person :)
- Location: Boston HQ
Competitive salary and great benefits
We treat our employees well.
Health and dental insurance, generous vacation, commuter benefits, professional development, and more.