Data Quality SpecialistView all openings
WegoWise is a mission-driven for-profit company, striving to reduce energy and water use in buildings. Buildings represent 40% of all US-based energy use. WegoWise provides utility benchmarking and building retrofit measurement & verification services, building performance monitoring, sustainability compliance reporting, and analytics that provide useful, actionable information to make more informed operational and long term real estate investment decisions.
Our mission is to catalyze environmental, social and economic sustainability in the built environment.
WegoWise is a progressive company with strong values that align with our business goals. We care deeply about the growth and happiness of every member of our team. We believe that people work best when they are given a flexible but supportive work environment and thus strongly encourage creativity and new ideas from all employees. Joining WegoWise means becoming part of a culture that values each individual’s opinions.
What we're looking for
WegoWise is looking for a Data Quality Specialist to support, monitor and improve our automatic utility data collection infrastructure. This role assures the accuracy, consistency and timeliness of the utility data in WegoWise’s platform and provides the foundation for high-quality data analytics, reporting, benchmarking and ultimately customer satisfaction. This role is responsible for identifying, prioritizing and trouble-shooting data quality issues both at the customer level and at a platform-wide level.
This cross-functional role reports to the Director of Customer Success and serves as the liaison between the Customer Success, Sales and Engineering teams. The Data Quality Specialist is expected to ensure that Wegowise’s automatic data collection process meets the needs of our clients and our own data quality standards. The Data Quality Specialist also serves as the internal subject matter expert on utility data definitions, collection and standards.
The right candidate will be comfortable working with data, performing accuracy checks and interacting with software developers. We are looking for someone who has strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, as well as the determination to trace a data problem back to its source and find a solution. The right candidate will be able to work independently, is forward thinking and motivated to work for a mission-driven organization.
- Monitor the performance of our utility data importing processes
- Troubleshoot causes for failures or mistakes in the data importing, and work closesly with the Engineering team to develop and test software fixes to resolve them
- Create data mapping for new utility companies or update data mapping for a supported utility when needed
- Perform quality assurance checks on client's accounts
- Support the Customer Success and Sales teams in understanding data availability and quality for a specific utility
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (engineering, economics, statistics, etc.) or equivalent professional experience working on data/analytics
- Advanced Excel skills; technical aptitude and ability to learn web applications and software platforms. Basic coding skills are a plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with great attention to details
- Well-organized and able to work independently and manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Adapt well to frequently changing systems and workloads, creative and flexible, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable interacting with both technical and non-technical team members
- Familiarity with utility data and vocabulary and/or automatic data scraping is a plus
- Commitment to WegoWise’s vision, mission, and values
- Be a nice person :)
- Location: Boston (HQ)
Competitive salary and great benefits
We treat our employees well.
Health and dental insurance, stock options, generous vacation, commuter benefits, professional development, and more.