Inside Sales RepresentativeView all openings
WegoWise by AppFolio is a mission-driven for-profit organization, striving to reduce energy and water use in buildings. Buildings represent 40% of all US-based energy use. WegoWise provides utility benchmarking and building retrofit measurement & verification services, building performance monitoring, sustainability compliance reporting, and analytics that provide useful, actionable information to make more informed operational and long term real estate investment decisions. Our mission is to catalyze environmental, social and economic sustainability in the built environment.
WegoWise is a part of AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF), which was launched over ten years ago to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. AppFolio software solutions currently serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
Much of the WegoWise team is based out of Boston, and AppFolio has additional offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego. Our business is built for long-term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
WegoWise by AppFolio is a progressive organization with strong values that align with our business goals. We care deeply about the growth and happiness of every member of our team. We believe that people work best when they are given a flexible but supportive work environment and thus strongly encourage creativity and new ideas from all employees. Joining WegoWise means becoming part of a culture that values each individual’s opinions.
What we're looking for
WegoWise is looking for an Inside Sales Representative to help us sell to new customers and markets. Our Inside Sales Reps apply their consultative sales skills to help WegoWise expand our customer base. They have a meaningful impact on the growth of our business, and contribute to our mission of improving the environmental sustainability of buildings.
The right candidate will be a self-starter, independent thinker, passionate about sales, and motivated to work for a mission-driven organization.
Inside Sales Reps develop a pipeline of opportunities and manage the sales process from first contact through contract execution. This includes:
- Identifying and qualifying opportunities in their market
- Performing pro-active outreach, following up on inbound inquiries, and serving as primary point of contact with potential customers throughout the sales cycle
- Assessing each potential customer’s needs and goals, demonstrating our software, and communicating a clear value proposition
- Preparing compelling proposals and finalizing new contracts
- Occasional travel to in-person meetings and industry conferences
Primary success metrics are new sales, retention of existing revenue, and contract expansion. Inside Sales Reps coordinate with Customer Success Managers to maximize customer lifetime value. This role reports to the Inside Sales Manager and collaborates closely with all departments, including Customer Success, Product, Marketing and Engineering. The sales team is a collaborative team that cares about, supports, and learns from each other.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extensive sales experience with a proven track record of exceeding goals
- Experience selling to the real estate and/or energy management sectors
- Experience in a startup or a company focused on data/analytics
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Suite, Salesforce and/or other CRM platforms
- A constant and self-imposed drive to exceed goals
- Well-organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple accounts and assignments simultaneously
- Adapt well to frequently changing systems and workloads, creative and flexible, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to WegoWise’s vision, mission, and values
- Be a nice person :)
- Location: Boston (HQ)
Competitive salary and great benefits
We treat our employees well.
Health and dental insurance, generous vacation, commuter benefits, professional development, and more.