Vice President of OperationsView all openings
WegoWise is looking for a seasoned professional to ensure customer success and foster operational excellence across the organization. This role reports to the CEO and is a key part of the executive team, yet remains closely tied to staff at all levels on the front lines. Out of the gate this role is expected to have 4 direct and 12 indirect reports focusing in the areas of customer success, people operations/HR, and internal business operations. The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude, outstanding collaboration and process improvement skills, experience managing a SaaS customer success program, and be motivated by working for a mission driven organization with talented staff and disciplined, visionary executives.
WegoWise is a mission-driven for-profit company, striving to reduce energy and water use in buildings. Buildings represent 40% of all US-based energy use. WegoWise provides utility benchmarking and building retrofit measurement & verification services, building performance monitoring, sustainability compliance reporting, and analytics that provide useful, actionable information to make more informed operational and long term real estate investment decisions.
Drive customer success outcomes through strategy, process
engineering, systems, and direct interaction with key customers.
Transform existing customer support organization to a SaaS customer
success model with account management and professional services.
- Optimize customer lifecycle, including onboarding, training, professional services, customer support, customer success management, renewals, and cross/up-sell processes.
- Expand customer engagement, including establishing customer advisory councils and developing web-based tools and training to enhance the WegoWise product experience.
- Increase team’s effectiveness and efficiency by developing and tracking success metrics.
- Inspire company-wide customer success by encouraging cross-functional collaboration among marketing, sales, business development, product and platform development.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
Provide oversight, controls, and guidance of day-to-day operations,
finance, and HR functions. Serve as a sounding board and advisor to
staff across the organization on diverse topics ranging from company
policy to solving front-line business challenges and career
- Oversee the creation of the newly established people operations function.
- Work with CEO and CFO on day-to-day financial and strategic business initiatives. Provide guidance and decision-making on staffing and resource allocation, with a sharp focus on scalable growth.
- Manage the continuous improvement of business processes and systems, including vendor management. Current systems stack includes Hubspot, Outreach, Salesforce, Quickbooks, Trello, Chartio, Dropbox, Google Apps, et. al.
- Recruit and inspire exceptional leaders and high potential talent — encouraging continuous learning and individual career path development. Instill WegoWise’s vision, mission, and values.
- Bachelor’s degree required and MBA considered a plus.
- 10+ years experience in leading progressive, customer-facing organizations.
- Extensive experience in customer success and professional services in a growing SaaS company.
- Strong project management, people management, and process engineering skills with a deep understanding of the value drivers in SaaS business models.
- A passion for generating revenue and growth, with strong empathy for customers, as well as an analytical and process-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of SalesForce.com or similar CRM, as used in a customer success environment. Strong systems knowledge of project management tools, particularly related to managing large scale software implementation projects.
- Commitment to WegoWise’s vision, mission, and values.
- Location: Boston (HQ)
Competitive salary and great benefits
We treat our employees well.
Health and dental insurance, stock options, generous vacation, commuter benefits, professional development, and more.